A couple weeks ago I was craving pancakes. Badly. I wanted them smothered with butter and layered w/ fresh fruit (definitely strawberries, bananas and luckily blueberries too) and maple syrup. Oh dear, even just writing this I’m overcome with an urge of wanting a fresh batch…need to compose myself. I’ve tried many recipes in the past but this one (taken from Allrecipes.com) is one of the best. That being said I thought I’d share my good find with all you lucky readers. Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour in the milk, egg and melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.