Sunday 24 August 2008

Angry Annie

This morning I was nearly knocked over by a gentleman (suit-wearing-number-talking-look-at-me-I’m-a-big-shot type) on the tube. I (innocently, of course) was leaning against the glass near the entrance reading (intently BTW as I’ve just started a great new book entitled Londonstani) when he rushed onto the train (because time is money people) and pushed my bag – which in my defense is not that big. In fact, I’ve downgraded substantially since I first arrived in London years ago – Honest! Anyway, he pushed my bag with such force it nearly knocked me over, sending my bag crashing down and me trying to maintain my balance. Of course he didn’t apology; I’m sure he was too busy writing an ‘important’ email to notice. At least I had my great book to go back to!

Lesson learned: Always bring a book, if not to read then to (at least) hide your embarassment.

You can thank me later,

Jessica xo

No comments: