Ok, more like Spanxforgiving. But who cares right? You only have one day (well not if you count Christmas or Halloween) to indulge and pay the price later. Here is a great recipe for Sweet Potato pie courtesy of All Recipes. Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients and aren’t nearly as bad for you as say...Aunt Abel’s apple pie with 5 cups of sugar. Either way give it a try, you won’t be disappointed:
• 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Mashed Sweet Potatoes
• 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
• 1/3 cup Better'n Eggs
• 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
• 1/2 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
• 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust (from 15 ounce package)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl whisk or stir together all ingredients except pie crust; mix until well blended.
2. Unroll pie crust; press into 9-inch pie pan. Crimp edges as desired. Pour sweet potato mixture into pie crust. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, covering crust with foil if it browns too quickly. Cool completely. Serve immediately or refrigerate.