Friday 6 February 2009

Sharing Is Caring: Story Telling Time

On my way to work this morning I saw a pigeon - don’t even get me started with these annoying winged-rats…let’s just say they’re not my favourite bird. And why is it that they actually act like Londoners? Like we should be moving around them – do they want to get hurt? Anyway where was I before I got sidetracked? Oh right, so on my way to work I saw a greedy pigeon hording the largest pile of breadcrumbs I’d ever seen (that is, outside a bakery of course). He was happily eating away while his mates were desperately searching for something to eat else where. This got me thinking. Why are WE so greedy? Why couldn’t that pigeon invite his friends to share in his ‘treasure’? There was definitely plenty to go around. Why is it so hard to share the good things in our lives? When we find a bargain (for example) we tend to keep it to ourselves and eager to gloat to anyone who asks instead of spreading the word so everyone can benefit. People would rather keep things for themselves than share even if they could never finish or use all of something. Why is that? I don’t have answers; I can say that if we all try a little bit harder to be kinder to each other there’d be less waste and happier people. As I always say sharing is caring. Let’s care about those around us.

Happy Friday!

No comments: