Having never been to Vegas, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I came well versed, having watched Ocean’s Eleven and Thirteen, as well as haven listened to Elvis’ song about the town. I think I was fully prepared??. I was there for a work meeting, so I can’t say my experience was quite as wild as it could have been. However, a couple days in Sin City, and I was ready to leave.
Some things you should know:
- Flyers for hookers will be handed to you as you walk the Strip, pretend that you are totally offended and that the man next to you/with you is your significant other. It’s quite funny how apologetic the street vendors will be.
- Try a $1 Margarita at Bill’s Saloon once. AND ONLY ONCE.
- If you are into Cirque, the O show at the Bellagio is the best..every other show is just creepy…seriously.
- PURE is the best nightclub; Moon is cool in the summer (retractable roof).
- The Hofbrahaus is better in Munich..or at least that’s what I will soon find out.
- Shopping is for the ultra rich, so window shopping is your best bet. The malls with regular stores are DEPRESSing.
- Terminal 2 of the Vegas airport has a Burger King and Pizza Hut, that both close at 7pm (ugh!). PRAY that your flight doesn’t get delayed - mine did
- Mandalay Bay has an awesome aquarium. Check it out….Bellagio fountains are a good photo-opp.
- I stayed at the Wynn - not worth the cashola. Bellagio, Caesar’s Palace or even Luxor also have beds and you can visit the Wynn whenever you like.
- For $100 you can shoot guns at THE GUN STORE (google it) its worth going
- Bottle service trumps waiting in line anyday. The service/hospitality is worth it.
- Jermaine Dupri likes getting is pic taken…his body guard, not soo much…teheh
- James Carville is skinnier in person - is that possible?
- Mix restaurant at Mandalay Bay is amazing…best meal you will ever have.
- Prostitution is legal…you never know where they will show up. Your room? Don’t put it past them.