Friday 16 January 2009

Angry Annie: Wheelie Briefcases


For most of us living in a big city our daily commute isn’t something we look forward to. Don’t get me wrong, I love going home at the end of the day, definitely; but not so much the physical commute and the struggle of traveling on the trains/tube. Thank goodness for lovely novels to pass the time.

I have a little pet-peeve with some commuters that I’d like to share with you today…a little moan if you will on a Friday afternoon. I get that briefcases can get heavy – what with your laptop (another reason to get a Notebook. Did you like that tie-in?), all your paperwork and gadgets (blackberry, iPod, Nintendo DS etc..) but must you really wheel them around like they’re luggage and cut me off? It looks ridiculous. Honest. It’s the size of child's bag and if you could properly pull it rather than have it drag several feet behind you wouldn't cut people off and take up valuable platform space, we’d all (REALLY) appreciate it.

Our forefathers didn’t have a problem caring their briefcases, did they? I know some advances are good and just but this, this is just…lazy! That’s right I’m calling it lazy. Next we’ll see women dragging their purses behind them and we’ll never get anywhere quick again.

Pick it up. I’m just saying

Have a great weekend, thanks for listen…boy do I feel better now.

No comments: