If you are anything like me, you are still recovering from all the holiday food cravings. Cutting back on sweets and salts in January is proving to be very difficult for this busy lady. I try to limit myself to a couple snacks a week to satisfy my cravings and reward all my good eating habits during the week. This recipe is great to satisfy salt/carb cravings without adding too many calories. And really; who isn’t a fan of chipotle mayo?
Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Mayo (taken from www.recipezaar.com)
- 2 sweet potatoes (for two people)
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together seasoning. In a bowl combine 1 Tbsp oil and 2 tsp seasoning per sweet potato. Toss and place on greased baking pans. Making sure that potatoes are spread out in pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise to prepare mayonnaise combine mayonnaise,* chipotle pepper, 1 tbsp adobe sauce and 2 drops Tabasco sauce. (*I use Chipotle peppers in a can that are in the adobe sauce already, found usually in Mexican food aisles of the supermarket).
- Save remaining seasoning mixture in ziploc bag for later.