Monday 12 January 2009

The Year of the Netbook


My first computer was a COMMODORE 64 and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. It took forever to start and had only 2 games, but it was something...something new. After good old commi retired, there were several desktops and finally a pretty, compact laptop.

2009 marks my venture into the world of the net book. A smaller, quieter, easier laptop used for surfing the net and other such tasks. After all, what do I use my laptop for more than email anyway? Prices range from $250-500 for netbooks and they vary in size, memory and screen resolution. I still have my old laptop but I am using my net book a lot more lately. Here’s why:
  1. It’s small and lightweight enough to be thrown in a purse and used in internet cafes.
  2. I can carry it anywhere to surf the web, look at pictures or write provoke articles
  3. I can hook it up to my TV and still watch any videos/shows off the web
  4. It has an SD/memory card slot as well as multiple USB ports for printing or using more memory
I will still use my laptop for reports and the benefits of a CD rom and CD burner. However, on a day to day basis, why not use a smaller more efficient device that is greener?

No comments: