Monday 17 November 2008

Roommate Corner

You haven’t matured. You haven’t grown up, you have just displaced. You may think you have overcome difficulties and improved your situation in life. Trust me, you haven’t. You have just replaced one thing with another. Displacement does not progress make. You haven’t found a pastime. You have just found a boyfriend to occupy your time. You still don’t like your job. You just found a new position that distracted you from what you really hate about your job. Cleaning your boyfriend’s house for no reason doesn’t make you a kind or helpful person. It just makes you pathetic and helps distract you from the truth. Plus, shouldn’t you be cleaning our place? Oh yes, that’s right, you don’t have time for that. You don’t have time to offer to cook my dinner or buy any food for me. I guess that’s because you spent all your money on someone who you have to justify yourself to. Don’t worry; I am not jealous or upset. I am bewildered. I guess all the time you have been spending trying to please a man so he will love you has displaced the very method behind your madness. You have lost who you are, what you do and what you could be. I hope you and others like you find their way. I hope you learn to live your life and stop looking for ways to please others. You can please others all you want, but that is an endless quest. It’s hard to be happy when your happiness is based solely on the opinions and expectations of others. It’s exhausting. Isn’t it? Oh Rhonda…..

No comments: