Thursday 9 April 2009

Chocolate & Easter


Easter break is upon us and there are a few things I’m looking forward to. For starters it’s a long weekend; 2 days off mean 2 x 4-day work weeks (hurray!) and hopefully I can recharge my batteries. Not to mention the extra time to hang out with family & friends (albeit through Skype for some of us. Me!) and CHOCOLATE!!! I’ve already got my eye on few eggs at the grocery store. And isn’t that the problem, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach when it comes to chocolate PLUS they all go on sale Monday…what's a girl to do?

If you’re like me and you usually have WAY too much leftover chocolate after Easter why not make a fondue out of it. Freeze the ones you’re not using and melt the rest!

Ingredients
  • 400g dark chocolate
  • 300ml carton double cream
  • Chopped fruit (strawberries, bananas, pineapple, orange, grapes) & marshmallows to dunk

Directions:
Put the chocolate & cream into a saucepan, then heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth

Don’t even think about the calories….you’re on holiday!

Happy Easter everyone xo

No comments: