I don’t know about you but I spend a lot of time at my desk (especially when it’s cold out). You see our office doesn’t have a proper kitchen, it’s about the size of a closet, and doesn’t have seating (oh how I miss my old office with the nice big kitchen and company gatherings to gossip during lunch…..oh boo! Don't fret, I’ll be okay. I think). As someone who brings in her lunch to work there’s no escape for me. Going out for no reason can be dangerous - Regent Street with lots of lovely shops is just outside (right there!) and my wallet is bound to suffer. I’ve decided it’s time to claim back my lunch hour and do something productive – not for the company but for myself.
On nice days:
- Nothing beats reading a novel/magazine in a nearby Park.
- Explore your working area – find a route online or create your own at www.walkjogrun.com
- Go for a run/rollerblade – I guess this only works if you have a shower at your office
- Listen to university lectures – you can download loads of Podcasts from reputable universities across the world.
- Plan a trip somewhere warmer
- Join a gym – the options are endless. Loads of classes are usually scheduled during the lunch hour or take a friend and play squash/tennis.
- Learn a new language – Rosetta Stone is a great tool to learn a new language as it combines written material with audio.
- Write a blog!