Monday 30 March 2009

Suzie Q,…Suzie who are you?

Who is Suzie? Suzie Orman that is. Or is it Susie? Who knows? Maybe Suze? I can’t keep track. All I know is, I would rather be locked in a cell with Oprah and her partner Gail, then listen to your financial advice. As some of you may know, Suze Orman is a regular guest on Oprah, CNN, etc who preaches to people about finances in these difficult times. I am pretty sure it was Suze who got most of these people into a sinkhole in the first place. Ms. Orman doesn’t really invest in the stock market, and has millions of dollars in book revenues in the bank. So who is she to tell me where to put my money? She is about as reliable as my 4 year old cousin and his game of ene mini miny mo.

I realize America and many other nations are in dire straits. We are begging for advice and for a way out of this mess. Where were all these financial advisers when things were good? Very few of these so called experts predicted the downturn. And now they want us to listen to them? They are profiting from this downturn just like Halliburton did from 9/11 and the Iraq war. If you really want to think about it..its appalling that authors and other experts are profiting from the average citizen who is just trying to find hope in a dismal situation.

My advice..trust yourself. In this world, you are alone. Use your common sense. If you have debt, pay it off. Take advantage of every opportunity to save. If you can risk a little, play the market. Your own research and numbers don’t lie. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Some of the greatest millionaires and billionaires were made out of the last depression. I don’t think any of them were listening to the likes of Suze Orman. They started small and green, just like us…

No comments: